Motorhomes For European Travel | Abacus Motorhomes

European Travel

Abacus specialises in supplying modern compliant motorhomes for travel into Europe.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret to announce that we cannot accept bookings for the EU at this time. We hope to get this resolved as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please note the following points when considering booking a Motorhome to take abroad:

• The hirer is responsible for researching and adhering to COVID-19 UK and European travel restrictions

• The hirer is responsible for any fines, penalties or losses incurred for failing to adhere to COVID-19 regulations within the UK or Europe

• The hirer is responsible for the full hire costs until the motorhome is returned to our depot

Our vehicles are permitted to travel through most European countries which include:
Austria Liechenstein
Belgium Luxembourg
Croatia Netherlands
Czech Republic Norway
Denmark Poland
Finland Portugal
France Slovakia
Germany Slovenia
Holland Spain
Hungary Sweden
Ireland (Southern) Switzerland
Pricing Structure

Although you can choose to hire a motorhome for less than 7 nights the minimum hire charge when taking a motorhome abroad is 7 nights. There is also an extra charge to cover the added insurance and breakdown cover.

The extra charge is:

• 3 to 7 nights = £125

• 8 nights and over = £125 + £17.86 per night, up to a maximum of £375

The extra charge includes:

• Added Breakdown Cover

• Added Insurance

• Mileage

• VE103B form (Vehicle on Hire Certificate) to prove you have our permission to take our motorhome abroad

• European Travel Kit

European Travel Kits

The European Travel Kits include the following items. Extra items can be purchased individually in our depot.

Accident Form GB Sticker
Bulbs Headlight Adjusters
Carry Bag High Viz Vest
First Aid Kit Warning Triangle
Do Your Homework

Abacus are not an authority on driving in the EU and cannot be held responsible for any fines or penalties imposed, so it is the Hirer’s responsibility to check what extra paperwork, documentation and equipment is required to drive through each country as they may differ from one to the other. For example in France it is compulsory to carry one Warning Triangle and one High Visibility Vest whereas in Spain it is compulsory to carry a High Visibility Vest for each person in the vehicle and two Warning Triangles.

If you’re heading across to Europe on a skiing trip, check the following links for tyre requirements as in some countries snow tyres are compulsory. We can fit snow tyres to our motorhomes on request and with enough notice but there is a charge for this service.

France has recently introduced the vehicle specific CRIT’Air Clean Air Sticker which should be displayed on your vehicle if you drive through Paris, Lyon or Grenoble. Abacus can apply for the sticker on your behalf but must be given at least 7 days notice. Please give us a call if you think this may apply to you.

Further Help and Advice

The following websites may help you with country specific requirements, equipment and advise, but ultimately it is up to you to choose where you gain the information required:

• The RAC – Driving Abroad

• The AA – Essential advice for driving abroad

• French Air Quality Certificate Service

 Next - Pet Friendly Motorhomes