Please note the following points when considering booking a Motorhome to take abroad:
• The hirer is responsible for researching and adhering to COVID-19 UK and European travel restrictions
• The hirer is responsible for any fines, penalties or losses incurred for failing to adhere to COVID-19 regulations within the UK or Europe
• The hirer is responsible for the full hire costs until the motorhome is returned to our depot
Although you can choose to hire a motorhome for less than 7 nights the minimum hire charge when taking a motorhome abroad is 7 nights. There is also an extra charge to cover the added insurance and breakdown cover.
The extra charge is:
• 3 to 7 nights = £125
• 8 nights and over = £125 + £17.86 per night, up to a maximum of £375
The extra charge includes:
• Added Breakdown Cover
• Added Insurance
• VE103B form (Vehicle on Hire Certificate) to prove you have our permission to take our motorhome abroad
• European Travel Kit
The European Travel Kits include the following items. Extra items can be purchased individually in our depot.
|Accident Form||GB Sticker|
|Carry Bag||High Viz Vest|
|First Aid Kit||Warning Triangle|
Abacus are not an authority on driving in the EU and cannot be held responsible for any fines or penalties imposed, so it is the Hirer’s responsibility to check what extra paperwork, documentation and equipment is required to drive through each country as they may differ from one to the other. For example in France it is compulsory to carry one Warning Triangle and one High Visibility Vest whereas in Spain it is compulsory to carry a High Visibility Vest for each person in the vehicle and two Warning Triangles.
If you’re heading across to Europe on a skiing trip, check the following links for tyre requirements as in some countries snow tyres are compulsory. We can fit snow tyres to our motorhomes on request and with enough notice but there is a charge for this service.
France has recently introduced the vehicle specific CRIT’Air Clean Air Sticker which should be displayed on your vehicle if you drive through Paris, Lyon or Grenoble. Abacus can apply for the sticker on your behalf but must be given at least 7 days notice. Please give us a call if you think this may apply to you.
The following websites may help you with country specific requirements, equipment and advise, but ultimately it is up to you to choose where you gain the information required: